PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
Carver's foundation was built on serving communities which had limited access to quality financial services. Carver meets this challenge today by partnering with local government agencies to develop products that meet the specific and emerging needs of our customers and the community:
- Carver is partnering with the New York City Office of Financial Empowerment (OFE) by providing no fee bank accounts to "unbanked" families in a program called Opportunity NYC ("ONYC"). ONYC is a New York City anti-poverty program that seeks to help move people out of poverty by creating incentives that encourage attainment of education, training and employment opportunities. Carver has opened more ONYC participant accounts than any other bank in the program. To learn more about the ONYC program
- Carver is partnering with the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) by participating in a pilot program to encourage NYCHA residents to pay their rent at a lower cost at a participating Carver branch verses using a check cashier. This program has been very successful and Carver is currently working on expanding its services and products to this market segment
MWBE Capital Access Loan Programs
- In August 2010 Carver was awarded the contract to serve as the exclusive capital access lender for the Metropolitan Transit Authority’s (MTA) Small Business Mentor Program. The program is focused on new opportunities for Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise construction professionals and suppliers, and financial services firms. The MTA initiative is designed to help expand small businesses in the construction trades by providing small businesses with training and access to capital to make them more competitive in the contract-bidding process and successful in completing MTA contracts. As a partner in this initiative Carver lends program participants up to $150,000 which is phase funded over the term of the loan. To date, Carver has provided in excess of $750,000 which has not only assisted program participants with their capital needs but has also created jobs.
- Carver has been approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) as a participating lender in the agency's Short Term Lending Program (STLP). The STLP is a loan guarantee program designed to enhance lending opportunities for disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs) and other small disadvantaged businesses (SDBs) in order to bolster the number of companies engaged in transportation-related contracts. The STLP also helps to strengthen the competitive and productive capabilities of DBEs and SDBs currently doing business with the US DOT, its grantees, recipients, as well as their contractors and subcontractors. Carver is the only bank in the Northeast region to receive this esteemed designation. For more information on the US DOT and the STLP, please visit www.osdbu.dot.gov. To learn more about this and Carver's other capital access and lending programs, visit www.carverbank.com or call 718.230.2900.
- Partnerships coming soon: Empire State Development Corporation, Port Authority